just plug & see home
What is it?J2K-Codec is a software component, developed to facilitate JPEG2000 usage.
It can save you 12,000 lines of code, replacing them with a single line.
Who should be interested?J2K-Codec should interest virtually any person involved in the development of a program that works with graphics one way or another.
What is JPEG2000?JPEG2000 is a revolutionary image compression standard based on wavelet technology and is replacing the old JPEG format.
Advantages of the new standard:
• Better image quality at the same file size - see for yourself!
• 25%–35% smaller file sizes at comparable image quality.
• Good image quality even at very high compression ratios, over 80:1.
• Lossless compression mode (identical to original image).
• Transparency (alpha channel) support.
• Easy way to get 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc., of the original image.
Why should I go with J2K-Codec?1. It's easy.
J2K-Codec is probably the easiest JPEG2000 decoder to use. With the special 1-Call shortcut functions and C++ wrapper classes, you don't need to read 20+ pages and figure out mysterious function parameters to start using it. And if you think that something is still not very clear or easy in J2K-Codec – please let us know! We do want to provide the most convenient way of working with JPEG2000 images.
Can it be any easier? ;-)
2. It's fast.
J2K-Codec is much faster than the free software libraries such as JasPer and OpenJPEG (to give you some clue – up to 10 times faster!) and has the same or better speed as many other commercial decoders.
J2K-Codec v2.0 / JasPer v1.900.1 / OpenJPEG v1.4
3. It's reliable.
We tried hard to achieve good code quality and eliminate as many bugs as possible. All exceptions raised inside J2K-Codec are intercepted in API functions, so it won't crash your application, but instead will exit gracefully with a proper error code.
4. It's usable :-)
Here are some J2K-Codec features:
• .j2k and .jp2 files support.
• Lossy or lossless compression.
• Particular resolution level decoding (even for tiled images).
• Alpha-channel support.
• Up to 16 bits per component.
• Multi-core CPUs support.
• File, memory, exe-file resource or any custom data sources.
• Static linking (purchasable add-on – buy now!).
• Video hardware support (ADV202, ADV212 and Matrox Morphis).
• Special video decoding speed boost mode.
• easyDecode() 1-call shortcuts.
• Selective tiles decoding.
• Region of Interest (ROI).
• GeoJP2 (embedded GeoTIFF) and other metadata extraction.
See also our free metadata editor.
• SSE code optimizations.
• Lots of samples in C++, C#, VB.NET and other languages.
• Simple yet powerful API with C++ wrapper.
5. It's not unreasonably expensive.
J2K-Codec's has one of the lowest prices on the market for a commercial JPEG2000 decoder.
You'll get detailed and easy-to-read documentation, several samples in C++, C#, VB.NET and other languages, and a collection of test images. There are no royalty fees. You can use J2K-Codec in as many of your own projects as you want.
6. It has a demo version.
You do not need to buy something you haven't tried. In the case of J2K-Codec, you won't buy marketing department promises; you will buy the same real product you have already tried to use, because J2K-Codec has a fully functional demo version. You buy only after you see that it suits you, not before. If something isn't good for you – then you lose nothing, you just leave and start looking for another library :-)
OK, I am interested, what's next?the demo version of J2K-Codec, please, and see if it suits your needs. You can also visit our More Info and Links sections for more information about J2K-Codec, JPEG2000 and related products.
If you have any questions – do not hesitate to ask them via our online support form.